Monday, July 16, 2012

Gold Coast Day 4


Going through Chinese books at my grandmother's apartment
Today's pictures are primarily taken by my brother, who went with a small group of family members to Pixar for a tour. I'll post some of the photos and write about what he told me.
Arriving at Pixar Studios, lots of security to go through in order to enter.

We all know who this is!

The main enterance has many Pixar memorabilia.


All of the oscars cultivated by Pixar.

The oscar for Monsters Inc.

The lobby is decorated with the most recent movie - in this case, Brave.

A wall with voice actors' signatures.

Bernie Kropp

Jack Willis

John Morris from Toy Story

Tom Hanks from Toy Story 3.

Upstairs held a gallery with conceptual art for Brave. No photos allowed, but my brother managed to sneak one in by shooting from downstairs.
The employees enjoy a full gym with swimming pool and personal trainers... 

The tour group with the Incredibles!

Bug's Life artwork.

Pixar umbrellas.
I spent most of the day shopping and preparing for the miracle berry party. For those of you who don't know, miracle berries contain a glycoprotein called miraculin, which alters the sweet receptors on your tongue so sour foods taste sweet. I tried miracle berries at a neuroscience party and decided to throw one for my family.

Opening the miracle berry package.

Trying different foods.
 We had lemons, limes, grapefruit, salsa, salt and vinegar chips, mustard, tomatoes, ketchup, beer, seltzer.

My favorite? Grapefruit for sure!


My parents prepared dinner for the evening -- pizza from Costco and Ciao (much better pizza), fruit, and salad.



Note our tie dye t-shirts!



xxolivexx

No comments:

Post a Comment