Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Selecting College Courses


This morning I finally finished selecting which courses I will take this fall semester. Registration at my college is rather odd. It opens for a week in early July, closes, and then opened again today. I'm not sure why this is, but it is a bit inconvenient.

I am taking courses in the following subjects: chemistry, neuroscience, Chinese, and philosophy. Choosing courses was daunting at first, but now that I am done, the process makes more sense. I recommend using an excel sheet to plot out your classes so it's easier to see if there are any time conflicts. At first I tried to do it in my head, but needless to say that did not work so well!

I need to take a chemistry course in order to fulfill a prerequisite for the sciences. I'm still not entirely sure if I will create my own major in cognitive science or double major in neuroscience and philosophy, but I wanted to leave my options open. If I choose to go into science, I'll need chemistry. Best to get it out of the way earlier than later.

I signed up for the neuroscience course because I have a genuine interest in the subject. 

For a while, I was not sure whether or not I continue with Chinese (which I studied for three years in high school) or switch to Hebrew. Because of my interest in business, I decided to continue Chinese since it will probably be more useful than Hebrew. Plus I can always pick up Hebrew in the future.

The philosophy course is partly for fun, partly for my potential major. I am very excited to take philosophy and I heard wonderful remarks about the professor from current students.

xxOlivexx

No comments:

Post a Comment