Saturday, June 11, 2011

Guess who has two thumbs and a driver's license?



 THIS GIRL!!

So much has unfolded the past week and a half. I finished high school. Can you believe it? This pipsqueak, done with HIGH SCHOOL??!! Well, it is true. I took my last final on Monday.

I also went through yet another right of passage - my driver's test. I'm surprised I passed, to be honest. My instructor basically parallel parked for me. I hit the curb, but I wasn't too worried because I knew how to straighten out, but then he started saying "Go forward a little, turn your wheel to the left, go back ok keep going" etc. I think he gave me full marks for parallel parking, too! He said it's because I was driving a truck (it was my mom's SUV), but I think it's because I charmed him. It was 103 degrees. He asked if I had air conditioning, which I do, and he said, "I have to wear long pants and heavy boots... oh the things I do for my job."

I said, "Well, I appreciate it!"

He said, "I like you. You're respectful. I like respectful, responsible young adults. Thank you for that."

There you go, folks. How to pass your driver's test. ;)

Originally, I was going to get my wisdom teeth extracted (all four) on Friday, but the more my mom and I thought about it, the more we realized it was a bad idea since graduation is next weekend. If I have complications, let's just say it won't be pretty. So we're rescheduling for July. YAY!

I'm giving a speech at grad, which I'm currently writing. I'm trying not to make it too preachy. I've got some funny jokes, but also a good, heartfelt important message. I'll get my dad to record it and I'll post a video.

xxOlivexx

1 comment: